We’re looking to add a Senior UX/UI designer to the team here at Filament. It’s a full-time role and would be on-site at our studio in Liberty Village.
- You’ve been actively designing in an agency setting or similar for 5+ years and deeply care about the people using the things you create.
- You have experience leading UX/UI on projects and teams, and presenting your work to stakeholders on both sides of the table with credibility, confidence and clarity.
- You’re versed in workshop techniques (popular, like the Design Sprint, or your own) that enable groups to build clarity, context and alignment.
- You’re highly dedicated to your work, and to the people, you’re doing that work with.
- You see clients as wells of untapped knowledge and possibility, rather than pains in your ass.
- You have strong experience with Sketch, Photoshop, and prototyping tools like Invision/Principle/Framer.
- You know how to do quality user research and turn that into strong UI concepts.
- You understand how to design accessible experiences, and can hold your teammates to a high standard in this area.
- You have a desire to lead and mentor junior members of the design team.
- You’re flexible and deal well with ambiguity.
- You’re not afraid of dogs, getting your hands dirty, standing up for what you believe in, getting real feedback on your work, getting uncomfortable or digging into new technology.
- You have an excellent online portfolio.
- Active involvement leading user research, insights gathering, wireframing, prototyping and design execution for clients and internal entrepreneurial initiatives like Merch, and our UX Design Masterclass.
- Collaborate with company leadership to guide client engagements.
- Assist in scoping, estimating and requirements gathering for engagements.
- Articulate constructive feedback for junior team members and support the design team on an ongoing basis.
- Help foster an open, collaborative and inclusive environment for the design team.
- You’re involved in the community
- You’ve worked on both native and web projects
- Strong gif game
- Illustration chops
- Experience with film production and art direction
- Flexible PTO
- Paid medical benefits
- Professional Development budget and paid time off for classes and conferences
- An environment focused on learning and team growth
- Dog-friendly office
- Catered Friday lunches
We’re a digital strategy and design agency that’s been moving the web forward for the past 16 years. We’re small and mighty by design, and we work on complex projects for clients like Fitbit, Scholastic, The Government of Ontario and Bell. We focus on complete experiences – what we call Fuel and Flow – from research, design strategy and content through to execution and development.
We teach, we speak, we give our time and money to charity, we’re insatiably curious, and we value a strong work ethic. We’d love to meet you.
To apply, send a little bit about yourself, and a link to your online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.